Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Favorite prose that London inspired me to express ... 3/8-3/18/2012

The following are excerpts from my travel diary during my London trip. Some are really funny, rude, emo, and ridiculous but they gave me a good laugh to read them over again.

3/11 -

"Each day that goes by on this vacation I feel I am finding myself a little more. I'm coming back to myself. Cleaning myself off and loving life."

"Kathy, our hostel roommate for two days was fabulous.  She was a petite, energetic Chinese lady from Hong Kong on vacation alone. She had a 12 y/o and an 18 y/o, husband and as she described, "Filipino maid". She said they were all driving her crazy and she needed a month long vacation without them. I love this idea, if you can do it. Every one needs to get away from their duties, identity once in a while to remain sane. I'm insisting on doing a trip for myself every other year. But I like sharing trips.  I don't know if I'll go alone too often. Hopefully my husband and kids would never be that annoying."

"Travel makes you feel richer."

"British guys aren't that hot.  At all, actually.  They are quite homely and small and skinny. I like manly men so obviously I'm not made for a Brit."

"I want a lover.  A strong, creative man.  I want tons of kids running around, giggling and dirty w/ paint or mud on their pants and faces.  No pets though!"

3/12/12

"Waking up to a sunny(!) sky and the sound of St. Paul's nearby. Beautiful."

"Today I saw three mildly attractive British men. I'm coming to the heavy realization that most hot British men live in America or are professional models/actors."

3/17/12

"After awhile 2 older British men (33-44) who'd been standing next to us ALL night FINALLY began to chat us up.  British men only express themselves when the social lubricant of alcohol is involved. {observation}."

"I spoke with Damien. Blue gray eyes. Salt and peppered hair. Flirted shamelessly with him - then he told me about his Australian gf and how he LOVED her. 'I love her.' Ugh, no Damien, I don't want to hear this. At one point we talked about sexting. I suggested he sext his gf and he said 'British men don't do that.'  He went on to tell me how they don't express themselves in public, only in private. He also said if they do express themselves it is a big deal/big occasion that they do so, so it means it is important.
...
BORING!"

"I still want to marry a foreign man. Preferably one that sexts me and chases after me w/ no shame. Spanish most likely. Javier Bardem-like, please. But i also want to be close to my Mom so we can go shopping together and talk and laugh.  So I guess i'll have to do some convincing of the HTSP to exist in an American time zone."

"The French girls in our hostel room have beautiful voices, words. They wear beautiful clothes and sounds so pretty. Tres chic!"






No comments:

Post a Comment