Monday, December 15, 2008

Hola or should i say Buongiourno?

The countdown begins:

Definiton of a Walkabout from Oxford English Dictionary:
1. Austral. A periodic migration by a westernized Aboriginal into the bush. Often quasi-advb. in phr. to go walkabout. Also transf.
2. a. A protracted walk or journey, or one that takes in a number of places.


8 days till i turn 21. Oh - and that little thing called Christmas.

20 days til i leave to Italy for 3 MONTHS!!!



fantastic is how i feel.

i am ready for any new challenge although i expect to fall flat on my face at least once a day.

but how does anyone grow without growing pains?! I'm packing loooottttsssss of aspirin w/ me!
;)


as the days get shorter to my adventure i am realizing how much i will miss everything familiar! IE: Family. Friends. Bed. Dog. Oh, and my boyfriend.



I do not know how to speak Italian. I can sing in Italian. This past summer, in order to fit the bill, I was a table side singer at the local Macaroni Grille for 5 1/2 months. A nightly once every hour engagement in which i got on a chair and belted Italian arias. Fun times.

and while I'm on the subject:

if you need want hafta go somewhere far away for a few months DO NOT LET money hold your dreams back. Even though i have not left yet, i am positive that the 3 summer jobs and everyday work i did is a huge payoff for this trip of a lifetime. I am so happy i banned the mall, movies, restaurants and other luxuries. although i did sneak the occasional chai tea frappacino from Starbucks and the #6 from Taco Bell.



So here are the details so far:

I am leaving the US and studying in Sienna, Italy from Jan till the end of March. Then from there i am planning on going to Vienna, Brussels, Paris, London, Edinburgh and Dublin. OF COURSE all of these plans are subject to any change the Fates may gift me with along the way. Anything is possible.



and that's what I'm excited about.

No comments:

Post a Comment