Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 1 of Commuter Cycling & a Milkshake surprise

Yesterday marked the first day in my life as a Commuter Cyclist.  Bike rider. Complete novice.  So of course, it was Fate's joke that i should be flung from my bicycle on the first day.

After going face to pavement, my wrists and knees being the only ones to bruise from the skid, i proceeded to rant a gigantic down pour of expletives.  No one was nearby so it was okay to go full-bore.

After the rage subsided, i realized, "Now I have an excuse to go try the Vegan milkshakes at Toy Joy!"
milkshakes = all better.  Equivalent to a band aid really. 




I rode a bit farther and low and behold, there was the toy store that serves Vegan treats - popsicles, milkshakes, soft serve, sundaes - THE WORKS. I am not at present a Vegan, but i had to try these.  They looked soooo yummy.  and healthy, of course!  After slurping down my frothy "Blood Orange" milkshake, it was totally worth the fall.  

Day two of being a commuter cyclist begins....ahhhhhh.  As much as it sucks to fall, the feeling one gets from zooming down the street is great.  Like flying around buildings.  It's much more stimulating than driving, when one is stuck in a car w/ their music and wards off the world inside their little, armored pod.  I've yet to get road rage from a car driver. that will probably happen today seeing that i'm heading downtown. Wish me luck.

muah xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment