Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Slowly but Surely (w/ a sprinkle of inspiration)

Hey there,


Haven't written, mostly b/c grad school is like this.


but besides the Valium, gin and spite - i still love what i am learning about!!! as sleep deprived as it may be at times.

Here is a great article about Fashion and Archivists. Beautiful.
The second article deals w/ the Warner Music Archives. Fascinating.

I finished processing my very first Archival collection today, which i started this past September!!! What a great feeling....

Next semester I am taking Audio Preservation and Reformatting.  VERY excited to have the opportunity to take this class. 

My final  exhibition for Rare books is focusing on books about rogues, vagrants, buccaneers and the marginal types of 16th-19th century England and America. Pretty excited about it, will keep you updated on final outcome.  The marginal people of society are always the most interesting and mysterious.

My literature review I am writing is about Digital Music Libraries.  I wanna get it published. we shall see...


I went to a very informative and inspirational Summer Internship panel at my school the other night.  Tips and advice given were invaluable.  I will be internship hunting over my long ass Christmas break. I'm gonna shoot for a prestigious DC internship, but if those prove unsuccessful I'm going to Austinite it up or possibly even MI it up again.  Never thought I'd ever use that as an option ever again.  It's my third option, but hey. 

Love y'all and see ya over Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment