Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Best of 2011...



My best meals consisted of Sugarfish in California, Fojol Brothers of DC.  in Austin: Barley Swine, Wink, Breakfast tacos: arturo's, paco's tacos, julio's and Korea House.

my best date of 2011 was in Santa Monica at Stella Rossa.  The pizza was amazing and the dessert was salted caramel mousse. to. die. for. also i had a hot man sitting across the table from me.

Favorite concert of the year: Arcade Fire, May, @ the Backyard in Austin outlands.  Honorable mentions go to White Denim, St. Vincent.

Top 10 Favorite Albums/Songs/Artists this year:
  1. Adele: 19, 21
  2. Civil Wars
  3. "You Turn me on I'm a Radio" - Joni Mitchell
  4. St. Vincent: Strange Mercy
  5. Vampire Weekend: Contra
  6. Beyonce: 4
  7. Stevie Wonder
  8. Soundtrack to "An Education"
  9. Fleet Foxes: Helplessness Blues
  10. Lady Gaga: Born this way
Favorite websites to visit of 2011:
  1. D Listed
  2. Wild Fox inspiration tumblr
  3. Facebook
  4. Pinterest
This was the year of Hedonism for me.  I ate, kissed and drank to full capacity. I know i should change this before next year - but i don't think i will.

I worked-out from Jan - August but then i let my work and school rule my time.  For some reason after 4 classes and two jobs i had no energy to run 6 miles. I know. It baffles me too.

I got to go to DC, California and Toronto.  My DC summer internship at the Smithsonian was a highlight of the year.  It was fun to live in the DC area.  At this point, I think i may go back after August.  I'd like to get an international job, or one that lets me travel alot, so maybe i will have luck finding this type of job in DC.

I have March 8-20 off for spring break and i am debating on going on a big solo trip. More on those plans as they develop in the New Year.

Best to you & yours....
Savvy

No comments:

Post a Comment