Friday, August 31, 2012

Like it's supposed to.

Never settle for less.
Never stop dreaming big, and (seemingly) insurmountable dreams.
Never stop believing in the HTSP.

Sometimes I get mad at myself and think, "why am I not completely fulfilled w/ this perfect ____ [insert the following: bf, job, city, body, lifestyle, etc.] when it is exactly what I wanted and not bad at all?"

But many times, once I finally complete a goal or "get" the guy, I become dissatisfied. I immediately look to the next goal, plan, man, city to move to.

I think for my age it is natural to have ambition/dreams/goals/new ideas.  I think there needs to be a balance struck between relishing in/and enjoying your accomplishments as well as planning new ones.  I think if you get too wrapped up in relishing you get too comfortable and never stretch yourself, possibly becoming bored, or worse: boring.  I think if you are always focusing on THE NEXT thing, you lose the beauty of your current life, the blessings you have been given, or worse, you can become sickeningly self-focused (which could lead to depression or anxiety).

I am still trying to find this balance.  I do have ideas, but I try to live in the moment everyday. I think if you're always living in the future you're never going to be satisfied. If you're always chasing something that has yet to come into existence, how could you ever be happy?

OF COURSE, this whole concept for me is easier said than done.  Some days it is one, then the next day the other.  Can these two notions live in harmony?

Maybe after I turn 30.....

No comments:

Post a Comment