Sunday, August 26, 2012

Proust Questionnaire


What is your idea of perfect happiness?
sitting on a porch in the shade and sun, w/ a book and something to drink. occasionally stopping to people watch.
What is your greatest fear?
not doing all the things on my to-do list.
Which historical figure do you most identify with?
It's hard to answer this, b/c it's not like I'd ever meet a historical figure, so I don't know how they were, but a few I'd like to emulate would be Dorothy Parker, Djuna Barnes, or Lee Miller.
What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
I interrupt people when they're talking.  I feel I'm getting better w/ age, but I know I still do it.
What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Jealousy
What is your greatest extravagance?
Food & Wine and music. I'm all about funding my hedonism before basics. :/
What is your favorite journey?
visiting home for the holidays.
What do you dislike most about your appearance?
i want rock hard abs!!! :)
Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
"cray-cray", "boo-boo", "i don't wanna sound _____ but, ..."
What is your greatest regret?
there are non regrets, don't you know that?!
What or who is the greatest love of your life?
i have love affairs w/ writers all the time. I'd say art is a great love affair. the act of creativity.
When and where were you happiest?
Can't remember a specific moment, but they usually involve, travel, friends and food all at the same time.
Which talent would you most like to have?
To be able to play an instrument.
What do you consider your greatest achievement?
My wonderful friends. Always doing what i say I'm going to.  fulfilling dreams i have and not backing down.
If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be?
i hope an artist!
What is your most treasured possession?
paintings from Italy and Greece i bought on travels.
What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
being controlled by someone against your will.
Where would you like to live?
i like to move alot, too many place! but I'd say Europe, Argentina, Ethiopia are top on the list today.
What is your favorite occupation?
writing, reading, yoga, eating good food, singing
What is your most marked characteristic?
my expressiveness when i speak or tell a story.
What is the quality you most like in a man?
strong hands, and the type of mysteriousness that never ends well (still haven't been able to kick that habit...)
What do you most value in your friends?
their willingness to act as a therapist (if need be), their encouragement, but mostly their laughter and humor.
Who are your favorite writers?
Djuna Barnes, Jean Rhys, Michael Ondaatje, Bukowski
Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
Jack Ryan
Who are your heroes in real life?
Aide Workers seem pretty bad-ass, as well as doctors who volunteer themselves for areas in the world who need it
What are your favorite names?
Julia, Lorelei, Taj, Tangerine, "Sassy"
What is it that you most dislike?
dramatic antics, negative people, social media (except FB), waking up early for work
What is your motto?
“Why not?"
"Huzzah."

No comments:

Post a Comment