Friday, April 5, 2013

Ease up.

I went out for Happy Hour with an old friend last night.

We caught up and i told her about all the questions I'd been trying to answer lately. She listened and then she reminded me not to be so hard on myself. She knows me too well.

I've always been an over achiever and so hard on myself. I need to ease up on myself. I don't think it necessarily helps me become a better person. It really just stresses me out more and makes me compare myself to others and that comparing game makes me depressed.

I'm making a conscious decision to stop doing that so much.

Another realization I've come to is you can't always get what you want when you want it. Sometimes timing is on it's own schedule, no matter how you try you can't control it.

Plus honestly, losing control is fun sometimes! ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment