Friday, August 8, 2014

updates

hey there.

i got a tumblr:
http://marzipanmoxley.tumblr.com/

writing has become steady.  there is this one online magazine that publishes my stuff and for that i am so grateful. tonight i will spend my time writing and sending love notes into small presses, online mags, alt lit communities.

is zine culture dead or alive? tomorrow i'll find out a local Zine fest.

the more i learn about gaining a following with my writing, the less enthused i become. I guess this will have to change if i want people to be interested. I do not want to have an unauthentic lifestyle blogger or facebook fan page. that's just not me. in an ideal world my work would speak for itself. but it's not like that anymore. self promotion is the boyfriend to the writer. oy!

so - now i am brainstorming ways to self-promote w/out feeling like i am no longer being genuine.

i went to a Q & A on self publishing, indie publishing last night. it was very helpful and provided me with some inspiration on how to move forward.

the tumblr community has been a boost in my confidence. it's nice to connect to other alt lit writers, poets, authors, publishers.

slowly but surely, finding the path.

No comments:

Post a Comment