Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Ahimsa

One intention I set for myself this year was to not be too hard on myself.  Part of that trait is good b/c I seem to accomplish lots of goals by being hard on myself.  But the bad part about that is sometimes i expect too much, get frustrated and force myself to do things that harm me.

Today I am at home sick from my job, worrying myself with all the things I need to do before school starts.  My plan for the New Year was to workout, not be stuck in my room with the sniffles!!!
It's times like these when you need to realize why and how you can be kind to yourself and body.  Not everyday needs to be a marathon - as much as you may like it at that pace. 

The article I found today mentions how you can be kind to yourself.  Without giving your body the rest and luxury it needs, it is hard to accomplish lofty goals.  So don't forget to treat yourself with kindness!!!  Don't let yourself get put on the back burner.




Little things I do for myself are by an organic chocolate bar once a week, use luxurious body lotions, yoga and lots and lots of quality tea-time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment