Saturday, February 16, 2013

the art of living

I went to a famous portrait photographer's exhibit opening last night at a museum in town.

After much ooooo-ing and ahhh-ing and drinkingggg, and chatting and eating, i went to see my friend Maria's  photographs in an art gallery in my local neighborhood.

It made me think how art is so important and how much joy it brings to everyone. It inspires, moves and makes people think.

I hope the art i share with the world does the same and I hope it makes some sort of significant contribution - even after i'm gone. Art is eternal.

I hate it when people say they aren't creative. Everyone is creative. Maybe not in the "classic" arts we immediately think of, but other ways - cooking, knitting, organizing interesting spaces, fitness - there are many ways to be creative. Obviously, this could lead to taking on the "Art of Living" life approach many people already follow, taught/promoted by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar.  I haven't looked into that philosophy much but perhaps parts of it are very true.

I didn't get the job i interviewed for and wanted. will get back in the saddle again and try.

i really love my current job - i just need more money. if that could somehow magically change, i'd stay in Austin and not complain so much.

Last night i went out w/ girlfriends and danced and danced and laughed and laughed. Sometimes i worry that when i move to a new place i will never find girlfriends who i can dance and laugh with like that. There is a period for about three months when you first move somewhere, where it is so heart-breakingly lonely. But if you can resist the temptation to be sad and hermit yourself away and instead, move about the new city and participate in events and community activities, you can beat away that loneliness and meet some amazing people. it just takes the will to do it. I think i will have the gusto (i seem to always muster it) but it will be hard at first. Not looking forward to that.  But on the other hand a new, bigger city, that is a bit closer to the people i love would be nice to live in.

There are so many answers to questions that I'd like to know.


In my life
There are so many questions and answers
That somehow seem wrong
In my life
There are times when I catch in the silence
The sigh of a faraway song
And it sings
Of a world that I long to see
Out of reach
Just a whisper away
Waiting for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment