Thursday, December 5, 2013

The gleam in your eyes is so familiar a gleam

I read an article about genetic memory: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-25156510

It got me thinking about other things, like past lives.

I spoke to a close friend of mine a few weeks ago. We determined if we did in fact have past lives, we knew exactly who we were in those lives. I was an Italian Prima Donna opera singer at some point. I'm positive. Why, you may ask?

 Minnie Driver in The Phantom Of The Opera

  • i am in love with love
  • i love to sing, and am quite a good singer actually
  • i love theatrical drama
  • i love character driven stories
  • when i was in italy, it felt like a new home to me
  • i am obsessed with italy in general
  • i am obsessed with italians 
  • i love art, art history
  • i am sassy and can be a bitch if need be
  • i usually have ridiculous, insane love affairs
The friend that spoke with me on the subject believed she was an ex-groupie from California in the 1960s.

These are the exotic, sexually-sophisticated “super-groupies” of 1960s San Francisco, captured by photographer Baron Wolman for an entire issue of Rolling Stone magazine in February 1969. →

She said she didn't fear life struggles as much, because she knew she had lived life once before, her past life.
"Don't you get that feeling, like, 'Well, it worked out before so it's going to all be fine again.' "

I think i can relate to that. Also -
isn't it odd when you get an "at home" feeling in a brand new place, like you have been there before or are from there?

And what about when you meet someone, and feel as though you know them, even after only speaking with them for a short time. I'm convinced at least two of my past lovers I have known in a previous lifetime. Stuff that I felt and things that happened between us were just too coincidental to ignore.

Isn't it in the Disney movie, "Sleeping Beauty" that illustrates this concept of love so well?

I know you
I walked with you once upon a dream.
I know you
The gleam in your eyes is so familiar a gleam
Yes, I know it's true
that visions are seldom all they seem
But if I know you, I know what you'll do
You'll love me at once
the way you did once upon a dream


The opposite could happen as well. Predetermining your taste for a place or person due to an uneasy feeling or energy you sense from them.

This unexplained comfort/discomfort could just "be" the way it is. But the Cosmos seem so deep and mysterious, I think there is something to the concept of past lives, past journeys, a past experience we are not fully conscious of.

No comments:

Post a Comment