Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Best Weekend Ever.

I just had the best weekend ever. I ate and drank at a wine bar on a "first date". Hot man, good food. The two best things in life, really. After that I went out dancing w/ my friend to High Ball for 80s nite. SO. MUCH. FUN. During 99 Luftballoons balloons fell from the ceiling.  It was fun to get my groove on. :)


Saturday I held the event, "Home Movie Day".  I've been doing PR on this event and it had a special place in my heart. Like-minded people got together and watched Home film from the 1930s-2006.  amazing memories were shared.  My favorites included a wealthy 1930s toddler swinging in her backyard and then celebrating her older brother's 4th birthday. Another favorite was a film of a 1930s Chinese-American family in San Francisco, eating dumplings (that looked mouth watering) and chilling out in their living room. 









After that, i had an AMAZING sushi meal w/ my friend Jen. and i spent a lot. :) nigiri, yakitori, Japanese pub food, asahi yessssssss. Then i watched Pulp Fiction for the first time and went to watch the UT/Baylor game at my favorite corner bar w/ my roommate.

 


Sunday I swam in Barton Springs and saw Owen Wilson and Woody Harrelson  swimming there as well. Swimming in the spring makes me feel like a mermaid - the seaweed gets tangled around my legs and arms and i sweep it away as i swim. Swimming in October! who knew. After that we went to a macrobiotic cafe and had dinner. It made me feel like Gwenyth Paltrow.





Then me and Stacey went to Lush.  They gave us a color reading, I got "Motivated", "Fantasy" and "Lifted". Stacey got "Ambition" Dynamic" and "Feeling secure".

It was a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment