Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Why I now like Taylor Swift



I've never like Taylor Swift - yes catchy pop song that get stuck in your head - but no - never felt the need to actually purchase or enjoy her songs on purpose.  Just on accident when in the gym or airport, catching myself tapping my foot.

Her recent single "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" is about when she dated Jake Gyllenhaal.  I always though that post-Broke Back, Gyllenhaal turned into a BIG ASSHOLE. He all of a sudden was dating Reese Witherspoon and biking w/ Lance Armstrong and I no longer thought he had any indie cred left. In a similar vein, Jake supposedly felt Taylor had no "indie cred" either:

via http://dlisted.com/2012/10/22/taylor-swift-evil-and-cruel-torturer

Taylor's newest assault on ears "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" is supposedly about Jake Gyllenhaal, and she tells USA Today (via WOW Report) that she wrote that Pee Chee folder poem of a song as an act of revenge against her ex. Taylor's ex hates the kind of music she makes, so she purposefully wrote a bubble gum shit song that would get tons of play and torture him everywhere he went.
"He made me feel like I wasn't as good or as relevant as these hipster bands he listened to. So I made a song that I knew would absolutely drive him crazy when he heard it on the radio. Not only would it hopefully be played a lot, so that he'd have to hear it, but it's the opposite of the kind of music that he was trying to make me feel inferior to."
And when USA Today asked her why would she want to torment someone, she said, "Because that's fun."



I like Taylor Swift SO MUCH MORE NOW. She confirmed my belief that Jake Gyllenhaal had turned into a DOUCHE post-Broke Back.

I also admire the fact that Taylor is willing to share this juicy shit with her fans just in order to give her exes the hardcore middle finger, without resorting to depression or violence.  It may not be the "polite" thing to do, but i agree with her, "it's fun" for all those involved. Most of all the fans, most likely NOT those parties involved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment