Sunday, January 25, 2009

FLORENCE VIRGIN.




Yesterday, was my first time ever in Florence. Me and 9 other girls from the program decided to make a day trip out there. The bus ride is only an hour away from Siena! There was a Chocolate Festival going on so we hit that up first. This was sooooo overwhelming. There were 20 choclatiers with all their amazingness set up. First I bought some hot chocolate. And when I say hot chocolate I mean, boiled down pure chocolate in a cup w/ whipped cream topping. OMG. There was anything you could imagine – chocolate covered fruit, espresso beans, cherries, nuts, liquor flavored chocolates, and chocolate fountains! Yum.

My favorite designs were, the Simpsons, the complete collection of the 101 Dalmatians in chocolate form, chocolates that were in the shapes of rusted objects – like horseshoes and locks, and last but not least, Chocolate Penises. Quite amusing.

After our sugar overdose, lunch and shopping were needed. I splurged! My only splurge that will not be travel cost related. My mission was to find an amazing pair of genuine Florentine tall leather brown boots. And I found them! The store lady was so sweet. She helped me find my size, even though I didn’t know what it was in Europe – I am a size 40 btw. Plus right now in Italy from January – February, there are huge “saldi” sales going on! So they were expensive but I got 40 euros off.

We almost did not make our bus ride home! Holy shit. 10 girls running around Florence...we got to the station w/ just 5 minutes left to board! We had to beg the bus driver to wait for us to get tickets. GRAZIE!

The ride home was bad news bears! Some highways from Rome are smooth, but others are straight up countryside. Up & down and windy. Yeesh. But don’t worry, I made it ok. I just walked really slow for several minutes after we got off the bus.

2 comments:

  1. That Chocolate looks delicious! If you like that, you'll love Brussels! Just think, Chocolate, waffles, waffles covered in chocolate...It's gonna be awesome! Are you still planning on coming that weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. was that first picture what i think it is in chocolate?? bring some home for your mom and me!! yummm.

    ReplyDelete