Sunday, January 4, 2009

MagicJack!!!! Heaven in a USBport....

Ok. So for a couple months I've been really confused about the phone issue. My parents insist that I be able to communicate with them in case of emergency. Because even though there will be an ocean between us they will feel better hearing my helpless voice over a landline. So, after months of wondering what was better, I found the BEST THING EVER INVENTED at RadioShack today. It's called MagicJack. It is a USBport which you plug in, into your computer/laptop. The other wire comes from it and is a phone jack. You use the internet as your airwave and thereby save ALL your money! The wireless internet acts as the landline phone communication. So, basically I have found a way to call home, cell phones and anyone else who owns a device in the world...FOR FREE. I am so happy. Originally I was going to go with Skype, because everyone else was, but with Skype you have to buy a webcam (if you don't have one) and a headset along with it. The MagicJack was $39.00 at RadioShack. The webcam and the headset were $50.00 together. Also, with Skype if you call a land line or cell phone the call is 5 cents/minute. With the MagicJack is complete free.

I now have an international number to go along with it. :)

Now all I have to consider is when I need a phone outside, not connected to a landline. I think I will purchase calling cards and use pay phones when I am in those types of situations, like if I need to meet up with someone at a trainstation or airport or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment