Sunday, January 11, 2009

Gelato!



i had my first gelato today. me and my roomates wandered around the city seeing everything. we all decided to get gelato in the main piazza, Piazza del Campo. this is where everyone in the city goes to people watch, see and be seen. i picked bacio and ameratta flavors. the bacio was nutty chocolate flavor, like hazelnut and the amaretta was cherries, whole cherries in there. ahhhh divine. beats out ice cream.
i keep seeing this pink vespa in a shop window and am in love w/ it. the store hours here still baffle me. i feel like everything is open early, closed in the middle of the day and open at night. there is no such thing as being open 24 hours.

3 comments:

  1. ha! I used to hate things being open at weird times...but I grew to like it because it meant the shop keepers were also living their lives, you know? Still, it sucks to be hungry in Taiwan at 2pm--there is NOTHING. 'cept for 7-11...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a friend of Kitty's - you must have met me sometime at one of her many parties. I know your Mom & Dad. We are from Canada - near River Canard - I think your Dad said he has relatives there.
    Looking forward to an update. Isn't Italy wonderful???? My husband is Italian - childhood friend of Paul's.
    Just want to tell you that I love your Blog - keep it up. Travel experience books are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi savy, i don't know if you got my postings?? hope you have a time of your life...kitty

    ReplyDelete