Tuesday, February 10, 2009

How you can get fat in Italy.

I have developed a bit of a tummy. I always wanted to become a yogi master and this is the best incentive. When I come back I suspect I will have the body of a god – and that god is Buddha. I am not working here or really stressing out – o wait – I am never stressing out – ever. So i am content and therefore I feel sort of bobulous like Winnie the Pooh. Here is an ode to food:

Here is a list of foods I like in Italy

All their yogurt – especially coffee flavored

Every single cheese ever produced here, mozzarella is #1

Bread.

NUTELLA.

Wine. Red wine, I hate white, that is universal, unless of course I must have it with my seafood.

Bellini

proscuitto

Here is a list of foods I miss from America

Peanut butter

Captain crunch

Teavana (ok technically not a food, but ya know)

Guacamole

Doritos

BAGELS & CREAM CHEESE.

Wow. looking at this list, I’ve realized it is all junk food (except for tea). O, ya know what I don’t miss? Starbucks. If Nutella is Jesus, Starbucks is Lucifer. I do not miss Starbucks. What crap. Eeewwww. Watered down warm sugar w/ nasty chalky whipped cream on top. I don’t think so.

Besides my ass expanding [I kid, I kid], I think some of my travel plans are expanding also. I am going to Greece in April and after that on to Dublin for Easter, which will be interesting. Any suggestions I will take!

5 comments:

  1. I don't think we can be friends anymore. I HATE nutella and Starbucks is one of the #1 things I miss. Also, mozzarella has no flavor! How are you not sick of it!? And prosciutto is grosss.


    However, I miss bagels and cream cheese like crazy. And now that you mention it, Doritos too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here in Siena we got quality. Good mozzarella has loads of flavor what are your Roman lips muttering?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you got that right savy!! good mozzerella with a good tomato and basil!! Yum!!..coffee is the best..no starbucks there!! you will never be a civilizaed american girl again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how are you?? I love the pictures of Venice.. we almost made it ther last year with des being in the pageant...maybe next year...Hope all is well with you? take care..kitty

    ReplyDelete
  5. if you're going to dublin, see if you can make it to galway! it's a lovely town.

    ReplyDelete