Monday, February 6, 2012

London Countdown ...

Time seems to be rushing away from me.  I am going on my Spring Break to London in approx a month and still have to get some major logistics underway; locks for hostel lockers, UK plug converters, and phone options for international service. 
One thing that HAS been set is the Hostel.  We are staying in a St. Paul's one the first 5 nights and a Camden Town on the second half of the trip.  I'm looking forward to these and hope the location is good for sight-seeing.  The prices weren't too bad.  I'm assuming that is due to going in the off-season.  The prices seem to be ranging from $18 - $40/night.  I don't think that's so bad, seeing as that I am open to paying a little above price for the characteristics of safety and location.

I will be missing SXSW, which is a bit of a shame, but I went to it last year, so I don't feel so bad.  I wish I would have one more year to spend in Austin to experience the city without the pressures of school.  It is probably so much different when you live here and ARE NOT in school. School makes your life so much busier and hectic than the average persons. Note I said average - I'm sure people do have there own craziness that I can't picture right now since I'm not in their shoes.  I'm sure 95% of those people have little kids.  That's prolly the only good comparison to grad school busy-ness. That's why I greatly question having children most the time.  You don't get to sleep and you slowly lose your sanity.  I experienced this in grad school  and I think once in a lifetime is enough. Some people in my program do both....They must drink a lot.

Nothing much is up.  I'm still puttering away on my Capstone.  I did not get to do ANY applications for jobs this weekend, so I need to crunch and makeup for lost time - even though I don't want to. Totally resisting this stage of searching.  It doesn't seem real. But as my loans begin to call I believe that is when it will all begin crying out for me like a grim reaper on the train from hell.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment