Friday, December 14, 2012

I LOVE ATX.

Last night we had a wonderful show at Butterfly Bar. A shaky start because one of our mikes went out, but we recovered fast! Zane always has crazy funny banter, but sometimes it is making fun of me. i guess i take it for the team, b/c it is funny for roast to happen to you once in awhile. and the audience loves it. those misogynist bastards.ha. i just need to get better at being more snarky. That is one reason i like Zane as a musical partner, because he keeps me witty and on my toes.

the bar tender - we'll call him, M -  was hurt-so-good-cute. Like you know, when someone is so cute, it aches in your heart a bit to check them out. but i'm jaded now, so we talked but giving my number out hurts. I think it's not necessary to chase, but to be chased is necessary. You need a man that wants to work for your affections, woo you.  I think if he wants to do that, it's a sure sign he actually wants you. If you do all the work you're bound to be disappointed.
He said he remembered me from our EAST show a few weeks ago and i said i remembered him. and then we exchanged cute flirty glances and gushed. it was quite dorky.

I have been in love with Austin lately.  Is it b/c I have a strong premonition that in 2013 I will at some point be leaving this fair city? I dunno. I love living here. I have wonderful friends, a band, and an interesting job. I just need more money so i cannot flounder to pay off my loans. :/ and that's where i think the move will be necessary. unless i take a better paying job here that i don't really enjoy. I'll have to think about this over holiday break.

I love that this morning i walked outside to see an old school red Volkswagen beetle and Christmas lights across the street. I love riding my bike early in the morning, seeing the Christmas lights and early morning runners go by. i love the fact that Austin feels like a small town but has the culture and quirky-ness every big city has. and i value how laid back and friendly everyone is here. it makes life less hardened.

i got a message in my inbox today on FB from an old friend that simply said, "you're the best." it made me so happy. what a great way to start a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment