Saturday, December 15, 2012

It's a wonderful life.

As I write this, I'm listening to "Giving You Everything" by the Spice Girls, blaring from the neighbors next door. May I say, impressive harmonica solo. :) My next-door-neighbors are five gay/lesbian undergrads.  Needless to say, their music playlist for parties - although annoying due to timing - are never a disappointment.

Tonight me and my band had a gig at the Austin landmark which is Spiderhouse. We had a great time, free booze and tips and fun people.  Great audience.  It's a beautiful thing to share your art with an audience that loves it as much as you do.  To bring joy to others thru your music and/or art is a truly amazing experience to have. To get to perform is a great honor for me.  It's a brave thing - you never know how it will go, but you do it because you believe in the potential. And the majority of the time (thank God) that potential has come thru on our shows.

I love living here. I love the people who live in this city.  Everyone is so nice and laid-back.  It's easy to be happy in this town.

Tomorrow is Sunday, and i am taking full advantage of it. Soooo tired. Long day, recovering from party i hosted Friday, and gigs on Thurs and Saturday nights. WOO.             

No comments:

Post a Comment