Tuesday, February 4, 2014

All you can do is face it.

i got a lovelorn email from the italian banker and a job offer from a school in Brazil (which i applied to in March 2013).

I said fuck off to the Italian banker. I said No thank you to the principal. 

Sometimes the best thing to do is to just stay put. It'd be fun to forget about my problems by having a torrid Roman affair or pack up all my shit and move to Brazil. But right now, I am diligently working on me. I'm learning shit I wanted to know and never wanted to know about myself. Escaping this process would result in me never getting better.

It's easy to escape and that's why so many people do it. There are so many ways to do it: addiction, lust, travel, self-loathing, food. But it never really solves the core issue (whatever that may be). All you can do is face it. It's the hardest part, but if you can do that you save yourself a lot of time, money, and pain.

It's breaking your leg so you don't have to lose it.

It's been a weird morning.

#Inspiration



.Byron Katie, Peace"The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself" -Mark TwainLet’s face it: Falling in love is easy, but staying in love requires work. Romantic or platonic, her

No comments:

Post a Comment