Friday, March 14, 2014

i am.

once I had a fabulous yoga teacher make us do this exercise:

we sat with our legs crossed, our palms lying face up, resting on our knees.
She had us think of the phrase "i am ____" and told us to fill in the blank as we sat in silence. Thinking of all the things we are.

I am a sister
I am a daughter
I am a friend
I am tired
I am mad
I am happy
I am good
I am bad
I am [professional job]

After we recited some of these phrases in our heads, the yoga instructor said, "Now repeat only, 'I am.' "

I am.
I am.
I am.

The short phrase was so much easier to say. I felt free, limitless, full of possibilities and best of all, zen.
The short phrase is the true one.

Instant DownloadI Am Quote I Am Worthy I Am Loved, I Am Enough by HoneycombandHive, $5.00















No comments:

Post a Comment