Monday, March 3, 2014

Inspiration

I really like my job. I realize this is a privilege. I know many places in the world you don't get to pick how you make a living. And sometimes finding a way to make a living is even hard. So this post isn't to whine, it's merely pondering.

Like I said, I really enjoy my job, but I wouldn't say it fulfills me completely. I think that concept is very American anyways, and blindly optimistic to the point of nausea. The past few months I've been trying to fill that "empty" feeling. I've taken an urban bee keeping class, done some meetups, met new people, got REALLY into yoga and meditation, and i volunteer.

One thing I've noticed is this quest has made me a more open person. I'm more at ease going to new experiences alone, introducing myself and I'm more assertive.

A second beautiful thing I've realized is inspiration and passion are infectious.  My Beekeeping teachers are fabulous and class is filled with fun facts and interesting ways to build and keep a bee hive - and ultimately harvest that sweet, sweet honey from the bees you care so much for. My yoga teacher who also owns the studio is an amazing individual. She is so kind no matter what her day is like, she is intense about her career and lifestyle.  She encourages without being pushy and is very funny, never afraid to make an ass out of herself.  I also just love the fact that she is a relatively young, capable woman who owns a successful business. What an inspiration!

I'm hoping that being around all these inspired people will ignite something in me. These past few months I have been holding a magnifying glass in front of the sun and pointing it at my heart. I'm hoping it will soon finally burn bright and strong and I'll be a pillar of fire you can see from a mile away.

I have some great ideas, i just need to make it happen. It's just getting the clarity of what the highest goal is, I still don't know what that goal is.

I like this because o have lots of things I love and sometimes I wish I had one cool hobby, or one favorite but then I remember this phrase!


Happy 58th Birthday, Steve Jobs. Your legacy inspires me, along with my passion for my art. You changed the world, and I am grateful to have had the chance to watch it happen. I hope you're celebrating, wherever you are. Your inspirational lessons can put people on the path to a rich and rewarding life.



No comments:

Post a Comment