Saturday, January 12, 2013

Universal bounty, where are you?

I need a new job. It needs to pay me more so I can begin paying off my mountain of student loan debt (that will never go away until i die). I've been applying to jobs since October. nothing! no one wants me.  And i don't even have a SHITTY resume. I have great experience and names on there, including the Smithsonian.

I need to live alone after this lease ends in July. Everyone is driving me cray-cray. If i can afford it, i'm going to move out in June! Has it ever been easy to live w/ people? Even family members that you deeply love and care about can be difficult to live w/ at times.

You don't know how both of these needs just make me want to give up and drive far away or run away. or work on a lavender field in Provence. YA, i just went there.

I basically just need to get a new job and a new place to live and that would be great. alas that all takes time and effort and that is the stage i am in. argh. growing up is hard. i have no idea how people my age are getting engaged, married, and having babies. i barely keep my room clean on a daily basis. I'm starting to realize why women who are older and single have cats.

i should be writing mock resumes to go over with the career advisor next week, but instead i am sitting here, blogging and bitching.

i'd like to stay in austin, but if i don't i'm ok w/ moving. but i have a feeling i'll only get a job when i actually live in that city, not just send a resume and get picked.

ON A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT NOTE.
the 1890s are alive in Austin. Last night while out at a bar w/ girlfriends we witnessed a boy prolly aged early 20, smoking a cob pipe, wearing a lumberjack shirt and w/ a huge beard. When did this become a thing and WHY???
this video from Portlandia explains it:



No comments:

Post a Comment