Sunday, September 22, 2013

XVIII

XVIII
I thought about what I used to like to do
When I hadn’t met you yet.
I loved lilacs
And never walked by them without a sniff and a sigh.
I like daisies now.
He loves me
He loves me not.
He love me not.
He loves me not?
He loves me.
He loves me!
He loves me?
Not.
Stuck in a poppy seed field.
Explosives all around.
Don’t stop you might never wake up.
Don’t rest, you’ll never get want you want or to
where you’re going.
She had her work cut out for her –
Dragging three men around who can barely protect her from a lion a tiger or a bear?
O my.
And typical –
How typical it was that none of them possessed a
A Heart, a brain, or the nerve simultaneously.
Typical.
The only one she could really rely on was the dog.
You never heard a complaint out of him.
And after all this nonsense she still has a bitch on her tail,
green with envy.
Typical, typical is all there needs to be said.
All I want is a basket. And a dog.
Maybe, on a good day the checkered dress.
I can do without the three doofuses and who said I needed a wizard?
I am my own wizard.

No comments:

Post a Comment