Wednesday, October 16, 2013

O Canada.

 Canadian accents remind me of the people I love in my life, my family. I was born & raised in Canada til i was three and then moved to the States. But all my relatives and loved ones speak, "that way." So needless to say, a man with a Canadian accent makes me happy cuz the sound of it reminds me of good people in my life.


Canadian Flag Map

I am dating a scrappy Canadian, soon-to-be-lawyer (at a non-profit firm no less).

I am in the stage where I my "like" for him is growing at an alarming rate. He wears a St. Christopher emblem around his neck but you can only see it when he has no clothes on.

St. Christopher Vintage Medal

He has an activist streak in himself for the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. I don't but I like the fact he cares so much about it. I also like that he invites me along to documentaries and talks about it. He wants me to join in on causes he cares about.

He is in his 30s and has lived in many different places than the U S of A.

He calls me sweetie and hottie and gives me smooches and for right now i am quite content. I'm trying to put off the inevitable - when one of us moves on to another.

It's weird being 20 and single, because you want the connection and care that comes from a consistent partner but you do not want to settle down.  I suppose when you get the feeling that you want to settle down, that person is the right one for you.

But I do not think I am ready for that yet.  There are things on my list that will be difficult to do with another person - unless they are the right person - then i guess they can come along for the ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment