Wednesday, October 2, 2013

you gotta work!

OMG. work was very stressful today. I love my work place but so many projects on my plate!!! And next week is a big event so everyone is planning and making last minute projects happen...which i am involved in. besides all my other deadlines, i've added these.

i am very excited to write an article in a magazine. i was given the chance by an editor at my work. so i'm excited to promote what i do and explain why it's important.

i'm also proposing a presentation for a conference.

i find it stressful sometimes to keep up on all the cutting edge knowledge in my field. i guess conferences can help with this, but i really need to start reading more journals on a regular basis, like when i was in grad school. i think that would help me feel more in the know.

i also need to stop comparing myself to others. it's a nasty habit that has been popping up in my mind lately. i am WAY too hard on myself. it's good b/c i feel like i get  A LOT of shit accomplished, but on the downside, you cannot be perfect, nor can you be "superwoman" - which i feel our society instructs us to do every other moment.

i'm also WAY too addicted to social media networks. my fb is a time suck and i'd love to eliminate it from my life. i really love seeing my friends who live far away and what they are up to via fb. i don't think i'd have time to call ALL of them weekly. so i basically just need to keep it, but DRASTICALLY limit the time i spend on it. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Still creative writing. Have not even thought of turning it in for publication yet. not even there yet. But it's nice to take it more seriously. In my sad moments i just think of RAYMOND CARVER.

I want to take a photography class so i can learn how pictures are properly taken, the art of it. i've worked with photos for 6 years now and have no real training in that aspect of the medium. but i know how to legal deal with them and archive them and preserve them-------YAHHHHHHHHHHHH!




No comments:

Post a Comment