Sunday, October 13, 2013

Women of Vision

Today i went to the National Geographic Museum for the first time.

I saw the exhibition, "Women of Vision" - it's an awe-inspiring look into the experience and work of women photojournalists on assignment from National Geographic. What a life to lead!

The exhibit focused on how the photographers relate to the people or places they observe and photograph, and how they tell other people's stories with genuine dignity and loyalty to being honest - regardless of their personal point of views.

I've worked with photos for six years now professionally, but my new year's goal is to purchase a "fancy camera" and sign up for a class. I think photography may be something I could enjoy and might even be good at. I think it's calling me and i need to explore that siren.

The photographers featured in the exhibit are doing AMAZING, jaw-dropping work. They are speaking up for the silenced and sharing the experience of people in the "non-western" world. Which is a good portion of this world!

http://events.nationalgeographic.com/events/exhibits/2013/10/10/women-vision/


Another reason why i think i might like photography is it gives me a legitimate excuse to go to foreign places. "i gotta take pictures of the place," i will say.


Photo by Stephanie Sinclair





No comments:

Post a Comment