Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Things that do not matter

I got into a nasty bike accident this past Saturday. I was at that busy, bustling, breathing intersection of Adams Morgan; between the McDonald's and the Starbucks.

Floris M. Neusüss, 1964


I flew over my handle bars onto the concrete road. I didn't get up immediately because the wind was knocked out of me. So a bunch of people came down and scooped me up with my bike. I sat on the sidewalk with everyone staring and asking me questions, "What's your name, how old are you, what day is it?"

As soon as my head was pulled off the ground, I saw the blood.  At first it came down like a leaky faucet. but soon it just started a steady stream down my left eye, my cheek, neck, down my dress, and all the rest of it on my arms and hands. My arms and hands were scratched too though, so that could of been from those cuts as well.

Someone called an ambulance and i went to the ER. I now have a black eye and a shoulder that won't move a lot.

I WASN'T WEARING A HELMET.

I'll never do that again. I am SO LUCKY that nothing else happened to me. It could've been really really bad.

My accident also set the recent laundry lists of daily stresses in my life on fire:
feelings
past shit i can't change
boys
job
other bullshit

After i was catapulted from my bike I realized nothing really matters except:
my health
what i do with my life to positively effect others
how i live my life
and who i spend it with.


At least until I forget about my mortality again, I'm done caring about stupid, pointless, meaningless shit.












No comments:

Post a Comment