Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Biking in Austin (reborn)




I've started biking in Austin again.  I'm too much of a temperature wussy to do it in Jan/Feb, but since March I've re-established my cyclist commuter status.

I'm in my last semester of Grad school - only a month left - and have no time for exercise.  I used to go to the gym 4 times a week.  Thankfully, I can getting my daily exercise in on the bike when I commute all over the place throughout the day.  You work up a sweat and it is way more fun than taking the Austin bus.  The bus is notoriously late, so the bike makes me continue a punctual facade of time management.

Three options after graduation are:
  1. stay in Austin
  2. move to DC
  3. move to NYC
I hope I can always ride or take the public transportation in any place I live for the rest of my life.  I think on foot or bike transportation is healthier for you.  I remember all those little grandmas in Europe walking up and down stairs and the old men riding there bikes to the grocery store. That's living!


Going to have to try this on my bike.





No comments:

Post a Comment