Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Hometown.

I was in a wedding and it was beautiful. i went home and saw both sets of grandparents. i realize i am very lucky to have both grandparents, still. i guess it means i have good genes.

this weekend was a whirlwind. i saw EVERYONE i know in my hometown. this song came to mind:




It's a great song. My friend Eric danced to it with his mom at his wedding last summer in Marquette, MI. I wept, of course. 

I believe Kelly Cutrone has a saying: 


-Kelly Cutrone


I find this to be so true. The first half of your life is spent trying to get away from what is familiar, known. The second half is trying to find what WAS familiar, what WAS your "truth". Even though the idea of the "truth"  evades us constantly, there are certain elements of your personal truth that remain. and they always will, because they give you peace and remind you of your home base, your foundation, where you were raised, how the air smelled and how the breeze felt against your skin as it danced on summer nights through your bedroom window. 

No comments:

Post a Comment