Monday, June 10, 2013

Hungry for more

I am starting to get the taste of being a in professional job which i am truly passionate about. It is a great feeling to like my job, but to know there is a potential there to LOVE my job.

It involves public engagement, advocacy, creativity for new digital projects, communication, community involvement and technical skills. All of which i love to do simultaneously! I'm never bored at my new job and get to wear many hats.  Although at times I feel overwhelmed by all the new information swimming in  my head, I'm excited by all the possibilities.


But first i must learn the basics! Right now my career is my main focus.


I want to be a successful person in my profession and eventually I'd love to take a leadership role and have a more active stance i the community (conferences, presentations, papers, sabbaticals, teaching). I'm glad I'm in a career I feel I can significantly advance in. Some people don't get that opportunity in this world.









No comments:

Post a Comment