Wednesday, June 12, 2013

We are always getting ready to live, but never living

My secret ex-lover emailed me today.......



I heard this today: We are always getting ready to live, but never living (looked it up--RWE), and it really struck me because its meaning is part of what I love about you (distinct from saying why I love you, of course). By your example you inspire me to live, to be better than I am, to aspire to grasp for what's just out of reach. #mawkishbuttrue 


My do I miss my ex-secret lover. 

Obviously, I am not going to pretend that I believe I inspire this in people. But it is nice to hear flattering things about one's self. And not just, "You're hawt, sexy. I like your _fill in the blank____. You're so funny."

I will be bold here, though, and say I have accomplished things in my life and still have a HUGE LONG list of more To-Dos. It is fun to cross them off. No matter how difficult or impossible they seemed when you started, when you reach them (BIG OR SMALL) they are SO EFFING GRATIFYING. 

I'm high off change (always get that was from major transitions in my life) right now - so this could be the delirium speaking - but the most SATISFYING thing is when the life you live matches the one you live in your head. It happened when I lived in Austin and I hope to continue this balanced brain-and-dream-living in D.C. 

I hope in this life I can be someone who continues to live and isn't getting ready to live

The images in the video below really don't have anything to do with this post - I wanted to share the song. BUT by coincidence - the images in the video are of people who really lived. 




No comments:

Post a Comment